Sunday, July 15, 2012

Painting projects

In January of this year, I got the painting bug. My mother in law, mom and I decided to tackle a HUGE project. We decided to paint a mural on Boston's toy room wall. Boston has been obsessed with cars since he was 9 months old, so we thought that would be pretty fitting. My mother in law completed two other mural projects, one in her toy room, Dr.Seuss and one in Jackson's Nursery. The room took us 4 months to complete. It was a lot of work, but it is amazing. We can't give ourselves too much credit for the artistic drawing since we used a projector, but nonetheless it was hard work.

I also decided that I don't like white walls. My bathroom has been pretty boring and I had a small obsession with stripes from seeing all of the pins on Pinterest. I decided to give it ago in my bathroom and let me tell you what... STRIPES suck. I love love love the aftermath, but in the process I was hating life. My mom helped me with this and she gets credit for getting the lines straight. I am still in need of a cream shaggy rug and accenting my mirror with tiffany blue wood trim, but I love the finished product. What do you think?

I have so many other rooms I want to paint, maybe this Fall.  

Master Bathroom

No comments: