Monday, April 20, 2009

I finished!!!

This past weekend I ran the Salt Lake City Half Marathon, which is 13.1 miles. It was an amazing experience and I am definitely still recovering from it today. My legs, back, arms and muscles I didn't even know I used when I ran are hurting. It was a great experience! The first 5 miles were so awesome. I ran them all without resting and thought this is gonna be awesome, after that it became a little harder. After mile 1o I wanted to die. My legs were killing and I was so worn out. Then out of nowhere this little guy came running past me and lo an behold it was a full marathon runner who was passing me after he had ran 26 miles. That definitely gave me some motivation and I really wanted to finish in 2 hours and 30 minutes. The last part of the race was brutal being uphill, but I finished in 2 hours and 45 minutes. It wasn't my goal, but there is always next time. It was a great accomplishment and I am proud that I finished. I just want to thank Josh, Jenny(Josh's Mom) and Hailey( Josh's little sis) for being my cheerleaders. They definitely helped me throughout the way.



Super gay face.... I wanted to pass out right here
Just finished 13.1

Running my little heart out


Starting line at the Legacy Bridge at the U



My sweet hubby.... I was so nervous




20,000 plus racers, it was crazy












7 comments:

...will and bobbi... said...

That is Awesome! You didn't say anything about that to me you bum! WAY to go!

Seth & Kirie said...

Heidi, that is so awesome! I am impressed...I honestly cannot even run one mile without resting!! Good job!

Oh - and Seth and I are hopefully moving the beginning of July - it all depends on when my work transfer goes through and all that jazz. Lets play before!

me and him said...

Way to go hiedi! that is so impressive! hey our blog isn't privat now. so stalk all you want!

Alex and Anna said...

Heidi! wo woo! good job! i loved your running story it made me laugh! I can't believe how many people ran that! Alex and I are doing really good! and thank u we are way excited about the babe are you still in SL? how are things going for u guys?

Kristi Neeleman said...

You are my hero!! What a great goal and accomplishment! Serious. I'm still just "thinking" about doing a half marathon. Ugh.
Mazel Tov m'dear!
Love you always,
Kiki

Alex and Anna said...

Thats awesome that you got a house how fun! and also that you are graduating so soon!im jealous i still have about about a year and a half left! Megan didn't run but i think her dad did! I'm going help her get a blog set up soon i think

WhIt and TaN said...

Thats awsome that you ran a half marathon! Does it make you want to do a marathon now?!