Sunday, April 5, 2009

Can you say slacker?

The New

My Sweet Grandma- Lucille Barker








My amazing Grandpa







My family

We will miss you grandma!!!!!




The pallbearers... my aunt Kiki is so cute!




My mom was able to make it from Oregon


The birthday girls!!!




My hubby is so cute!

So it's been a long while since we last posted and We have done so much! First off it was my birthday on March 3rd! It was very low key, but a great time. Josh and I went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse(my favorite) with Josh's Brother Jake and at the time girlfriend Carley who just happenend to have the exact same birthday as me! I love her to death and I hope one day they can get married. We have so much in common, its a little bit freaky. Jenny, Josh's mom also, made us dinner and a yummy yummy better than sex cake. A few days later my sweet grandma passed away on March 7. She was in very poor health and had very little quality of life. It was definitely a bittersweet moment, because I know she is not in pain anymore, but it was hard to say goodbye. It was a great reunion with everyone, but not the best time to meet up. Isn't it sad that the only time you see loved ones is usually at sad occasions. I love my sweet grandpa and I hope that he is doing ok!! After the funeral, on Sunday all my close family came to Josh and I's house and we hosted our first dinner party. We had over 25 people over and It was a great time. I am glad that we are able to have parties and entertain, I just love it! The day before we went out and bought a new couch. I definitely love it although Josh took some convincing. What do you think of the improvement? I have definitely been a decorating queen lately or maybe just a shopaholic. Sometimes I truly think I have addiction haha!

P.S. I hate blogging! It always turns out backwards!







1 comment:

Seth & Kirie said...

Love the new couches - speaking of which we still need to come out and visit you!

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma - that was such a hard time for me when my grandma passed away :( Let me know if you need anything...I miss you!!!

We need to get together a lot this summer because Seth and I decided to go ahead and transfer and move in January...we're headed to Las Vegas :) Woot Woot!